Mar 21, 2014

Here Comes Honey's Boo Boo!!

No this isn't a post about the reality show 
Here Comes Honey Boo Boo
But it is my reality...
My Honey MADE a Boo Boo
and I get to fix it!!

I was in Michigan...again
My Honey decided to start working on the trim in our my home office (this is a task we decided to take on ourselves when we got the new floor...so we could add the trim...after the room was painted)

So again...I'm in Michigan...
and my husband is left to his own devices...
and this is what he did...


ummm hmmm
he did...

He painted the trim around the built in desk/bookcases with the same white paint that is trimming the rest of the room

AND caulked it!!

Why you ask? 

 I haven't got a clue!
I wold like to paint my built in's white...but we are going to be downsizing soon...and think it best to leave that decision to whomever might live here next...
so why he decided to carry the white trim around this built in...
is beyond me. 
He is a very intelligent man...Masters degree...good provider...
great husband...great dad...wonderful grandpa...really good writer...almighty hunter...

but once in awhile he shows this total lack of common sense!

Since it was caulked, I thought the best way to fix it would be to paint it

So...
I went rummaging in my craft room for some supplies...


This was much easier than I even expected it to be...

Started out with the med brown you see on the upper right in the pic above

put just one coat on the trim...



The color was blending so good,
 that I didn't have to tape anything off...

Once I got a coat of that all the way around...I probably could have stopped. One coat was good because it was uneven...giving it a more stained look.

but then decided to take the next darker brown that I had and kind of give it a wash with that 
(thinning the paint down with water)


that gave it a bit of a look of grain...

and wha-la



Good bye Honey's Boo Boo!

Sharon

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the laugh, Sharon! I'm glad it was an easy fix for you. I've used that same method to match up new quarter-round trim with the old stained baseboards upstairs. I took it one step further and gave it a coat of Minwax dark walnut stain with poly and now nobody knows but me...and you. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL- I have one of those guys at home, too, Sharon. Brilliant but ummm....NO common sense on some things! lol And you dare not complain! Great "fix-it" job. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great post, made me laugh so hard! The trim looks great now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh. Men. They just don't understand it, I swear my honey could and would do the same thing, Sharon. Seriously. EVERY time I am gone and there is something going on - well, let's just say I GET IT. I am so sorry. BUT, well, it looks great - can't even tell. Good job with the fixin.

    Sorry I have been so MIA - life has been getting in the way big time, and I have a lot of catching up to do. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sharon this is too funny. You sure gave me a good laugh. Yes, what was he thinking?? LOL LOL Thankfully you fixed it and it looks great. You got the color mix perfect.
    Love your home office. Hope it was warming up in Michigan.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know you stopped by!